Thursday, March 31, 2011

notes on reading other blogs for lesson 7

I read through the blogs of "Gentle Reader," "Discover FCS," "Gentle Reader," "Teacher CJ," and "My Library Blog." 
I found that several of them had very similar comments to my own.  I was interested to see what topics they chose and the books and publications they found.  I noticed that they didn't have the same library listed at the top as I did, but we also didn't look for the same book.  I noticed that when I was looking for juvenile literature stories that involved dogs and horses, that Alexander Mitchell Library came up first several times, and Brookings Public Library came up several times.  I decided that they must have excellent children's sections in their libraries.  I have visited the Alexander Mitchell Library in Aberdeen and did find it to be a wonderful place for children's stories.  Since I teach younger children, I am always looking for good picture books and quality stories for children in grades K-5.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to literally compare notes, isn't it? You're right about both libraries you mention--excellent children's sections. I don't know about you, but I enjoy visiting libraries in the hopes of making new discoveries. Thanks for your comments, lovetoread.

    ReplyDelete