Sunday, March 6, 2011

SIRS Research

I read a series of articles from the SIRS Research section.  I read articles about cyberbullying and Facebook problems.  I also checked out the curriculum sites and found good information that I can use when teaching math. 
I can see that this site is more directed to higher level thinkers and readers.  Students in lower grades might be able to find articles fitting to their research, but they would probably need a teacher or an upper-level student to help them sort through the information.  They would find so much information to be overwhelming.  I would use it by sorting through the material first myself and choosing the articles I wanted them to read.  After that, I would let them check out more information in their area of interest.

1 comment:

  1. You have assessed this resource perfectly, lovetoread! This is for middle school and above, but you can use it yourself or help your students use it.Pre-selecting articles is a great idea. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete