Saturday, March 19, 2011

CAMIO Library

I looked through the Paul Revere prints and other pictures.  The thing I found interesting was to compare how various artists depicted historical pictures.  I looked through the pictures, drawings, and paintings of the Sioux.  I saved and watched a slide show of what I kept.  I also looked up famous SD artists from our study in SD history.  I looked up John Audubon, George Catlin, and Bodimer's works.  I plan to show these to the students when we do our weekly lesson on SD Pathways. 
I also typed the theme of "Missouri River" to see what paintings, etc. would be available.  I plan to show the students some of those as well.
I have showed my students different ways of making pictures, and this will give me a way to quickly find examples of the type of art I am teaching about, woodcuts, sculpture, oil painting, collage, etc.

As far as community use, I think it would be good to show it to people that are part of the community library staff so they would know this site is available.  Some times people like to know the history of a particular painting and this site would provide that information for them.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas, lovetoread! Thanks for the suggestions and comments!!

    ReplyDelete