Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tumble book activity

     The assignment was to match 2 fiction story books from Tumble books with a science lesson for third graders.
     I looked through the science stories, both nonfiction and fiction, listened to several of them and decided to use Ace Lacewing Bug Detective, and Ace Lacewing, Bad Bugs are my Business.  These stories would fit it very well with lessons on insects.  I would use it to introduce a unit on insects.  I would have the children listen to the stories or read them on their computers.  Their objective would be to collect information about insects that the stories included.  Their next objective would be to recognize how the author used those facts to make an interesting mystery story.  Last, I would have the students give a try at writing a fictional story about one of the insects used in the stories.

1 comment:

  1. Fun activity! I like how you incorporated these great titles into the insect unit.

    Thanks for your post,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete