Sunday, February 15, 2015

lesson 2

Lesson 2
I think the person could fix their steering wheel by watching the videos and reading the fact sheets. Since I am not a mechanic, I would print everything and have it right beside me so I would not make a mistake. I would be concerned about the air bag deploying, but the explanation is complete, and if directions are followed, the person should not have a problem. I thought it was great.
The part number for the 1989 Geo Prizm is A131L.

Lesson 2: the Mango lesson
I would show the student how to connect to the main library site, make sure the person had a library card number and knew their password. I would then help them find Greek or Hebrew and go through a lesson with them. I did Lesson 1 in the Greek. It was very well done, and it makes me think that it would be a fun challenge to learn a different language for my own information and experience. It would certainly be a helpful aide for a student who has other homework to do as well, and their time to practice a new language is limited.


Lesson 2, Tumblebook exercise
First of all, I would show them how to sign in to the library site along with their password, go to online resources listing to find the Tumblebook site.
After that, I would show him how to click the word "Mysteries," and then go to the Junior site and have pick the listings he would like to go through. I would suggest the 40 periodic references for a starting point, then go back and check the others. He should be able to find a book he has not read. He can also check further when he is reading these references to see if the book is appropriate for his age level and interest.


1 comment:

  1. I like your idea to use Mango as a practice tool for a student learning languages.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete